Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nonchalant Commitment


When you fall down as a child you learn to get back up and dust yourself off and keep going. Why is it as an adult so many of us tend to stay so stuck in the muck? I really don't know but I kind of am working on this nonchalant commitment to myself. Although I keep falling back to my bad habits and get frustrated at my lack of progress or positive change I need to keep trying to push forward in small little ways in hopes that somehow these slight changes will radiate out to make larger differences down the line. So this is my nonchalant commitment.

I went and had my vision checked as I haven't done so in almost 4 years and luckily found that my eyes have not worsened so much which made me happy. My manager and friend at work just found out her dog has a melanoma in his mouth. He needs radiation treatments. My father hasn't been feeling well and went to his cardiologist and they believe that he may have some issues causing him to have the slows & shortness of breath. He is going for a stress test tomorrow. He already has 9 stents and we are hoping that he just may need maintenance on his stents and not open heart surgery.

My daughter has a flair for the dramatics and pretends to fall down or be sick and then starts laughing. She is my little angel but she doesn't want to give up the bottle, isn't fully potty trained and isn't doing well with her gentle separation classes. Perhaps this is all a reflection of my parenting skills or perhaps she's just not ready and there is a lot going on right now. Tomorrow I am taking my daughter to 2 of her new classes so I hope God smiles upon us and that things aren't 2 traumatic for either one of us.

Here is my latest owl drawing:



I actually like the drawing better in it's earlier stages than i do in it's finished state :l, see earlier stage of drawing below:



So I want to try to keep drawing birds or prey and come up with a series of drawings I am pleased with. So far I feel they all need improvement but I just recently started to draw again. I also would like to eventually get to using colored pencil again.

No comments:

Post a Comment