Sunday, February 26, 2012

Redefine yourself, be grateful, push past fears, live life. "What's stopping you?" 

My girlfriends and I have been friends since childhood and have never really vacationed together. Finally we are in our 40s and are talking about a weekend getaway. I for one am very excited about it. My mother disapproves as my daughter is going through separation anxiety now and I thought about that also. However I would only be going to Atlantic City for a weekend not away for 4 months to a foreign country. Anyway today I decide before doing our weekly chores of grocery shopping and doing the dreaded chore of laundry that I would do something fun w/ my daughter so we went to the Art Farm here in NYC. It was a lot of fun. Initially my daughter started to wig out because when we got inside she saw it looked like a school and I think she was afraid I was going to leave her. I had just purchased our entrance tickets and all she kept repeating as she got more and more upset was mommy let's go home. I tried to reassure her that I wasn't leaving her and that we were going to have fun together. just to give some background she will be 3 years old towards the end of May. She is going to some "gentle separation" classes at NY Kids and this hasn't been easy as she cries & cling the whole time & doesn't want to go. I don't know if I should keep pushing her to get past this fear or respect that she doesn't want to and just leave the classes. Anyway I digress. Brooke kept saying she was scared and wanted to leave until I took her downstairs to see the animals and then she was loving it. they had hamsters, chinchillas, chickens, rabbits, turtles, birds, frogs, skinks, a beautiful leopard gecko named Poppyseed, guinea pigs and more. She got to pet the skink, hamsters, rabbits and a chicken and didn't want to leave when it was time to go. Anyway I get very resentful towards my husband for his "being selfish" a lot of the time (that's how I often perceive it). However I am realizing instead of being angry and resentful I better start just being a little "selfish" and living my life for me & my daughter. I need to spend quality time w/ her as well and not just do the mundane errands/chores every week. I also need to do things I enjoy too not to be so resentful & bitter.
Leopard Gecko


Blue tongued skink



No comments:

Post a Comment