Monday, January 16, 2012

Finally had a decent nights sleep and woke up at 5:30 this morning. I have already mopped, cleaned baby bottles, done dishes and cleaned our fighter fish, Ruby's, tank. I am just waiting for my daughter's recording of Sesame Street to finish and then will do zumba before I shower and walk the dog. Although there is still tons to do I feel good that at least I have gotten a productive start to my day. I also entered a sweepstakes to win a magazine from the Home schooling page on facebook. My husband and I have selected photos he took from his recent trip to Yemen to submit for a chance to exhibit in an art gallery in our neighborhood. I so hope that he gets a show as I think it would be a great experience and open new doors for him and change his current outlook which isn't great. I also feel he has a great talent and would hate for it to just go to waste if he just feels too discouraged. Check out some of his photography at: yahyiaphotography.com. I was thinking if i can get enough of the chores done in time that maybe we can go to The Brooklyn Museum today.

We ended up just going to the Whitney Museum which although was a nice change of pace was a little disappointing art wise and went way too quickly although my daughter did enjoy the Alexander Calder Circus exhibit - which I was glad she got to see. My husband wasn't feeling well and later that evening neither was my daughter.

I had plans to go visit a close and dear friend of mine and go to a gallery opening reception and none of that happened as it was very cold and my daughter wasn't feeling well. I ended up crabby and tired and unproductive, contrary to how i started out.

No comments:

Post a Comment